The Board of Regents (BOR) of the University of the Philippines (UP) has opened nominations for the next UP President to succeed President Danilo L. Concepcion, whose term will end on February 09, 2023.
This is according to a memorandum released by the UP Office of the Secretary of the University and the BOR on September 08, 2022. The UP BOR has constituted itself as the Search Committee for the next UP President.
UP Presidents serve as the Chief Academic Officer, Head of the University Faculty, and Chief Executive Officer of the University for a fixed term of six years and are expected to pursue goals stated in Republic Act No. 9500 or the UP Charter. Concepcion’s successor as UP President will be the 22nd President of the country’s national university.
Nominees must have the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a Master’s degree; doctorate preferred;
- Has substantial academic experience at the tertiary level;
- Should be able to serve the full term of six (6) years before reaching the age of 70;
- With no conviction for administrative or criminal offenses;
- Must possess administrative and managerial experience at the senior level.
The UP BOR Search Committee will be accepting nominations from September 12, 2022 (Monday) until October 14, 2022 (Friday), at 5:00 PM.
Each nomination should include the nominee’s curriculum vitae; their mission-vision statement and a statement of their willingness to serve; a brief justification for the nomination, two pages at most; and clearances from Sandiganbayan, Ombudsman, and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).
The nominees’ mission-vision statements should respond to the following questions:
* If elected, what value would you add/bring to the University, and how will you achieve it?
* Why should you be elected president of the University of the Philippines?
* How will you operationalize and implement the mandates of the University under RA 9500?
All nominations must be placed in a sealed envelope (two copies) addressed to Atty. Roberto M.J. Lara, Secretary of the University and the Board of Regents, and submitted to the Office of the Secretary of the University (OSU) located at the Ground Floor (North Wing) Quezon Hall, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines.
Please contact Ms. Jovita P. Fucio at 8981-8500 local 2535 or via email@example.com.